How to Connect Printful to Shopify to Sell Print-on-demand?
Printful and Shopify are a match made in heaven for print-on-demand businesses. In this article, you will learn how to connect Printful to Shopify easily in 5 steps. Remember to stay till the end to figure out some commonly- asked questions about using two platforms effectively.
Table of Contents
- How to Connect Printful to Shopify in 5 Steps
- Step 1: Create a Shopify Store
- Step 2: Create a Printful Account
- Step 3: Install Printful App on Shopify App Store
- Step 4: Link Printful to Shopify Store
- Step 5: Import Printful Products to Sell on Shopify
- Frequently Asked Questions: How to Use Printful With Shopify?
How to Connect Printful to Shopify in 5 Steps
This guideline will give you step-by-step instructions to simply connect Printful to Shopify.
Step 1: Create a Shopify Store
Having a Shopify store is a prerequisite step before connecting to Printful. Here is the best practice for you to start:
- Go to Shopify website, and click on Start free trial button to initiate the store creation process.
- Answer a quick survey to help Shopify understand you and suggest the best onboarding > Select your country.
- Choose a sign-up method: Email, Apple, Facebook, or Google. You should use the same Google account for both Shopify and Printful to get quick and easy sync.
Tips: Shopify provides a 3-day free trial for new accounts, followed by a 3-month service for only $1 per month. Therefore, you can test out all features to make the most of Shopify and see if it’s right for your business.
Step 2: Create a Printful Account
Setting up a Printful account before integration ensures a smooth and quick connection with your Shopify store. Getting your free Printiful account is really a piece of cake with the steps below:
- Visit the Printful home page, click on Let’s go or Sign up to create a new account.
- Continue by selecting Sign up with Google or Sign up with your email.
- Register with your name and email > Hit Sign up button to finish this step.
Step 3: Install Printful App on Shopify App Store
After you’ve already created your accounts on both platforms, it’s time to add Printful from Shopify App Store.
- Go to https://apps.shopify.com.
- On the app store, search “Printful” in the search box > Choose the one that is called “Printful: Print on Demand” > Click Install.
- To finish the installation of Printful to your Shopify store, Click Install App. And you’re done!
Step 4: Link Printful to Shopify Store
Linking Printful to your Shopify store will help you import and sell Printful’s products conveniently. After clicking Install app on the Shopify admin, the Printful dashboard shows up for you to Sign up or Log in.
Since you already have a Printful account in Step 2,
- Simply click Continue above the sign-up form.
- Then, hit the red button to confirm the connection.
Now you have successfully connected Printful to Shopify and are staying in Printful’s dashboard.
Step 5: Import Printful Products to Sell on Shopify
By adding Printful products to Shopify, sellers can benefit from the advantages of both sites. Unlike the other Shopify print-on-demand apps, you need to import Printful products in its own dashboard.
- From the Shopify dashboard, go directly to Apps > Select Printful: Print on Demand to go to the Printful dashboard.
- On the Printful dashboard, go to Stores > Add product to open their catalog.
- Choose a product through various categories on the left-hand menu or filters on the top of the page > Click on your desired product to move forward.
- Next, you can customize your product by editing the variants you want to sell, such as color and size.
- Continue to upload or add designs to your products. Printful offers easy-to-use tools to make your design stand out and match your vision.
- After customizing a product, click Choose mockup to select a mockup template that best showcases your design.
- At the detail stage, write product title and descriptions in an informative and engaging way to attract customers and drive revenue.
- Press Continue > Set retail price to make sure you're profitable and competitive in the market.
- Click on Submit to store and wait for a few minutes to sync Printful’s product to your Shopify store.
- Choose View in Shopify to see the newly added product or Edit in Shopify to edit the product’s details in the Shopify dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions: How to Use Printful With Shopify?
Let's take a look at some common queries to get some advice on how to effectively use Printful with Shopify.
Can You Link Printful to Shopify?
Yes, you can connect Printful to Shopify in simple steps, including: setting up accounts on both, installing the Printful app on Shopify Store, linking two platforms, and then importing products from Printful to sell on Shopify.
Does Printful Work Well With Shopify?
Yes, Printful seamlessly integrates with Shopify, allowing users to easily sync their products and fulfill orders with just a few clicks. This integration ensures a smooth and efficient workflow to grow a Shopify print-on-demand business sustainably.
How Does Printful Work With Shopify?
Printful is perfectly compatible with Shopify and offers an integrated and automated fulfillment process.
- How Printful charges for the fulfillment and shipping: Sellers only have to pay for order production and shipping after the order is delivered successfully.
- The monthly fee for the Printful app on Shopify: It is completely free to sign up and use. It doesn’t require any monthly or setup fees.
- Shopify fulfill automatically: Since you use a fulfillment service, when an order is paid, fulfillment begins automatically without you involved.
Do You Need Money to Sell Printful Products on Shopify?
The Printful app is absolutely free for sellers, however, Shopify charges a monthly fee to launch and operate your online store.
- During the Shopify trial time: Shopify offers a free trial that lasts for 3 days without requiring a credit card.
- After the Shopify trial time: You can enjoy Shopify’s features for three months with only $1 per month. Then choose a suitable Shopify plan, which starts at $25 per month.
How to Sell Custom Products from Printful on Shopify?
A simple way to start selling personalized products with Printful is to integrate Teeinblue Product Personalizer into your Shopify store. It helps you add various personalized options to Printful’s print-on-demand products seamlessly. The best perk is that you don’t need to install the Printful app.
After creating a Shopify store and setting up your online shop, all you need to do is:
- Install Teeinblue Product Personalizer from Shopify App Store.
- Connect Printful’s API in the app portal.
- Import Printful’s products automatically with all the essential information.
- Design artwork and configure personalization options.
- Create a Shopify product by combining Prinful’s product with your artwork.
- Receive order details and make any required modifications.
- Complete sending multiple orders to fulfill at once with a few clicks.
- Track order status directly in the app.
Watch out for this video tutorial to learn more about the process of selling personalized products from Printful on Shopify with Teeinblue Product Personalizer.
Congratulations on taking your Shopify store to the next level with Printful. You have just learned how to connect Printful to Shopify in a few easy steps. Are you ready to launch your store and start making sales today? Join the POD personalization world at Teeinblue Global Community for more helpful advice and experience in product personalization.