What To Sell On Valentine's Day? Top 14 Print-on-demand Gift Ideas
There are multiple high-profit ideas for print-on-demand merchants. Let’s think out of the box to find out what to sell on Valentine’s Day. You can offer Valentine's Day gifts for lovers, spouses, or significant others. Here are the 14+ best-selling print-on-demand gifts ideas for you!
Table of Contents
- Valentine's Day Selling Ideas: 14 Top-selling Products
- Top Things to Sell on Valentine's Day for Couples
- Valentine's Day Gifts for Her
- Valentine's Day Gifts to Sell for Him
- Valentine's Day Sales Promotion Ideas for Print-on-demand Stores
- Conduct Effective Marketing Promotion Campaigns
- Target High-spending Markets
- Market According to Gender
- Sell Multiple Products
- FAQs on Selling Valentine's Day Products for Print-on-demand Stores
Valentine's Day Selling Ideas: 14 Top-selling Products
According to National Retail Federation, Americans spent $23.9 billion on gifts, decorations, and other holiday-related items in 2022. Let’s discover what sells the most on Valentine’s Day to prepare for your print-on-demand store!
Top Things to Sell on Valentine's Day for Couples
Here are high-profit Valentine's day items to sell as a gift for both men and women:
Americans spent up to $1.3 billion on greeting cards (NRF 2020 report). Therefore, they are the top-selling items for Valentine's day, especially if they are unique or personalized. Many people like to exchange cards on this holiday as a way to express their feelings and affection for their loved ones.
Offering a range of options, such as unique design cards, customizable cards, or cards with special features, like pop-up elements or sound chips helps you appeal to a wider audience.
Valentine cards are the most popular gifts on this occasion
Stylish and romantic apparel is one of the best Valentine's Day products to sell. Some apparel ideas to sell for Valentine's Day include:
- T-shirts: Personalized T-shirts are the perfect items for couples when hanging out together.
- Hoodies: Valentine’s Day happens on cold days in the northern hemisphere countries. Print-on-demand hoodies can make them warm and impressive.
- Pajamas: Comfortable and cozy pajamas can make a great gift for couples who want to relax and spend a romantic evening at home.
- Romantic tops: Lace, ruffles, and other romantic details can make a top a great choice for a Valentine's Day gift.
- Accessories: Accessories, such as scarves, gloves, and hats, can add a touch of romance to any outfit.
Offering romantic T-shirts for couples is an ever-green idea
Tips: Consider selling print-on-demand Valentine’s apparel with love-themed designs, such as heart graphics or slogans about love.
It's worth noting that while apparel can be a good choice for a Valentine's Day gift. It's important to have a good selection of sizes and styles to offer customers a wide range of customers. Don’t forget to build a good marketing strategy to reach the target audience and increase your revenue.
Mugs and Tumblers
These items are lovely, meaningful, memorable, and helpful. People can use it to decorate, drink coffee, and do other daily uses. They can also bring a tumbler along to go to work, go on a picnic, do exercises, etc.
Custom mugs and tumblers with love symbols are best-selling products on Valentine’s. Consider installing a product personalization app to help your customer create their own design.
A suggestion for mug design for couples
People not only buy Valentine’s gifts for their girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, or husband, but they also love shopping for their pet on this occasion. Some people who don’t have a romantic partner may still want to celebrate this holiday with their pets.
It is a good idea to sell pet bowls or collars with heart designs. Creating cute and unique designs is the key to winning high profits.
It is an excellent idea to sell candles with impressive packages for Valentine’s Day. This product can create a romantic and cozy atmosphere for celebrations, making them a popular gift for couples.
Some tips below may help you reach a variety of customers:
- Sell a range of scents: floral, sweet, etc
- Diversify shapes: heart, round, rose, etc.
- Offer many colors: pink, red, blue, etc.
Personalized candles on Valentine
Custom Gift Boxes
A gift box or wrapping paper is essential for every gift, such as chocolates, flowers, t-shirts, pet bowls, candles, etc. Customized gift boxes can make the gift more meaningful and thoughtful.
Besides, adding options to designs can help customers have a one-of-a-kind gift and make your print-on-demand store stand out from other sellers.
💡 You may concern: What is Product Personalization and Why It’s Worth Selling?
Couple Canvas or Poster
Small art is a meaningful and romantic gift on Valentine’s Day. A large wall art, on the other hand, is an ideal decoration item for a celebration. Here are some winning ideas in previous Valentine’s sale seasons:
- Allow customer to personalize their name, wishes, or message.
- Enable customers to upload their photos to make the art more meaningful and memorable
- Offer unique and catchy designs using Valentine’s signatures such as hearts, love birds, roses, cupids, etc.
Selling romantic art for decor or souvenir
In recent years, personalized print-on-demand tech accessories needs are growing incredibly. Among them, phone cases are the best-selling items. It is the most practical and affordable gift for Valentine’s Day. Not only can it protect the phone from scratches, and dents but also bring a fun, stylish, and refreshing look.
The most successful print-on-demand phone case sellers often add personalized options for text, clipart, image, etc. Another good idea is creating matching designs for a pair of phones, such as two stuks, two halves of hearts, two cute characters, etc.
You can get more design ideas from other merchants
Personalized Teddy Bear
A Teddy bear is a classic symbol of love and affection. It is a cute, comforting, and soothing gift. It can also add a touch of whimsy to the holiday.
It is a high-profit niche to sell for Valentine’s Day. You can offer custom Teddy Bear t-shirts, text, or front shapes.
Valentine's Day Gifts for Her
Buying gifts for girlfriends is a good way to show their appreciation, and gratitude as well as how much he cares about her. Jewelry and lingerie are the gifts that most girl love.
Jewelry is an ever-green gift idea for each Valentine’s season. People can surprise and delight their girls with a romantic and luxurious gift. That’s the reason why it is the top item in the best-selling Valentine’s products in 2022. The NRF’s report said that people spent up to $6.2 billion.
Consider adding a wish to a necklace
Each product shows a different meaning that you should notice before designing and selling:
- Necklaces show love, commitment, support, and encouragement.
- Rings often go with a marriage proposal or mark a new milestone in a relationship.
Besides the above popular items, bracelets and earrings are worth-selling products on Valentine’s. Selling customized jewelry with customized cards and boxes will improve your sales numbers.
A romantic and sensual gift like stylish lingerie sounds quite outrageous but it is a very HOT item on Valentine’s Day. Think out of the box to create creative and sexy designs for girls.
Valentine's Day Gifts to Sell for Him
Here are the top items that men love to receive on Valentine’s Day.
Watch is a high-fashion and luxurious gift for him on Valentine’s Day. It is the symbol of status and success. Besides, it can be his accessory to wear daily. Consider adding personalized or engraved messages to diversify customer experience.
An example of a personalized watch for POD merchants
Selling men’s sportswear on Valentine’s Day can bring you high profit. Most men are interested in athletic and activewear. Besides, sending this gift to men can show the special sympathy of the gift giver.
💡 You may concern: Print-on-demand Trends 2023: What Are The Best Ideas?
Valentine's Day Sales Promotion Ideas for Print-on-demand Stores
Valentine’s Day sales promotions is a strong tactic for print-on-demand store increasing sales, building customer loyalty, and improving brand awareness. According to the NRF report 2022, 41 percent of consumers purchased Valentine’s online. Therefore, online marketing promotions are the best solution for print-on-demand stores. Take a quick tour to get the most effective ideas below!
Conduct Effective Marketing Promotion Campaigns
These promotion ideas below may help you reach more audience and grow sustainably:
- Give customers extra gifts: add a cute sticker, a piece of wishes, etc may make your customer happier.
- Hold online events: a minigame, customer appreciation event, game night, quizzes, etc., on your social media channels can increase engagement. Then, more audiences may reach your Valentine’s products.
- Give memorable customers a special treat: exclusive offers, vouchers, or special gifts for purchased customers can show your appreciation and encourage them to make new purchases to maintain their status.
- User-generated content: Personalizing your customer communications based on their history with your company helps to show that you concern about their individual needs and preferences. Thanks to that, customer loyalty, and conversion rates will gradually increase.
Express your appreciation to customers through product quality and customer care services
It is effective to generate catchy banners and putting them in the most attractive places. Another powerful method to boost your print-on-demand store in Valentine’s sales season is to advertise your promotion program. Make your promotion information invades online platforms, such as social media networks, Google, etc.
Target High-spending Markets
This method may help to increase revenue with a lower budget because you can narrow the scope of advertising. Moreover, customers may be willing to pay more for your Valentine’s gifts.
Here is the list:
- United States: $23.9 billion (2022)
- France: $15 billion (2021)
- United Kingdom: $1.4 billion (2022)
- Australia: $255 million (2022)
Market According to Gender
Men often spend more money than women on Valentine’s Day. A report from SurveyMonkey shows that men spend an average of $100 while women just spend $50. Choosing one to target may be a better choice.
Sell Multiple Products
By offering a variety of products, you can appeal to a wider range of customers and potentially increase your sales. Moreover, your revenue may increase thanks to selling cross-sell related products. For example, if you sell jewelry, you might also offer customized gift boxes or wrapping paper.
Sell everything consumers need for a Valentine’s gift
- Understanding your customers before approaching them to sell products serve their needs.
- Encouraging customers to love themselves makes them buy more.
- Positioning your products as unique to improve your product’s attraction.
FAQs on Selling Valentine's Day Products for Print-on-demand Stores
Get quick answers to the most popular questions of print-on-demand sellers on Valentine’s Day!
What Makes a Winning Valentine’s Print-on-demand Product?
A winning Valentine’s product should have the below characteristics:
- Giftable: a product to gift others such as jewelry, candles, mugs, etc.
- Hobby products: people often choose gifts based on their partner’s hobbies. Let’s choose a high-profit niche to start.
- Love-related products: they are all about love and romance.
- Personalized products: customers now prefer custom texts, photos, colors, etc., to their products for Valentine’s gifts. Consider using Teeinblue - Product Personalizer to add those options.
Consider allowing your customer to create their designs
When Is It too Late to Sell Valentine’s Products?
It's generally best to start selling Valentine's Day products several weeks in advance of the holiday to give customers enough time to make purchases. It's not necessarily too late to sell Valentine's Day products as the holiday approaches, but you may need to adjust your strategies and focus on smaller, more affordable items, and utilize social media and email marketing to reach potential customers.
How to Sell on Shopify for Valentine's Day?
To sell on Shopify for Valentine's Day, it's important to offer a variety of gift options, use targeted marketing, utilize gift guides, offer discounts and promotions, and create a sense of urgency. If you don’t have a store, you can directly create new ones and start selling Valentine’s products on Shopify.
Hope that the article “What to sell on Valentine’s Day” can inspire and help you to achieve breakthrough profit. If you still wonder about this subject or Teeinblue - Product Personalizer, don’t hesitate to join Teeinblue Global Community and place your questions!
Enjoy 21-day free trial at: https://apps.shopify.com/teeinblue